1. How should I set the Contact Info?
- Please provide "ContactProfileType="PhysicalLocation" which is used for address
- Please provide "ContactProfileType="General" which is used for user login, booking notification, and contact for Agoda
2. How can I set GuestInfo (age policy/child stay free) in the Property call?
Whats the difference between child_age_to and max_child_age ?
- ChildAgeTo = we consider guest as children from this age and below.
- MaxChildAge = we will collect extra bed price from this age and above
3. Will these email/phone number be shared with the guest?
- No, we do not shared pushed email or phone with guest at the moment
4. How can I set RoomConfiguration in Room call?
5. How can I set cancellation policy?
- Please make sure you push cancellation policy to Agoda, either at the property level or hotelproduct level. Otherwise, Agoda will default the cancellation policy to “Cancel 1 day prior to arrival date, the first-night charge, No Show, the first-night charge”.
If there are cancellation policies at both level or more than one policy, Agoda will apply the strictest one.
6. Why I got "Authorization error" when trying to create a room or rate plan?
- After you create a property, we will save the data into our database tables. There will be a delay in our system for around 1 minute before you can start pushing the room or rate plan, or sign contract.
7. Why I got error code 1201 "API key is not authorized for Property id: xxx" when I try to push SetARI/SetARIv2 or GetProduct?
- There will be around 1 min delay time after HotelProduct creation and ARI update.
8. Why I got "Home should have 1 rate plan." error?
This is a validation for single unit vacation rentals (Agoda Homes) to have only 1 rate plan and 1 room type per property.
Property will be categorized as single-unit vacation rentals when:
- GuestRoomInfo->Quantity = 1
- HotelCategory is matched with one of the below:
9. Why I got "Restrictions - limit 1 room" error?
- Same as no. 8
- Transaction limit: 10 requests/second - PRODUCTION
- 1 min delay time after HotelProduct creation and ARI update -Both PRODUCTION & SANDBOX
- 1 min delay time after property creation and the next request for that specific property - Both PRODUCTION & SANDBOX
11. Will all properties under the same email account got signed/auto-lived after host/Property Manager signed via hostContractsSign call or signed in Host Manage?
- In this version, the following HotelCategories will be auto-signed/live from the email account signing, regardless of room quantity:
12. Does Agoda take commission from surcharges/fees?
- Surcharges/fees created via Content API will be flagged as 'Agoda do not take commission'. However, partner can select to allow/not allow Agoda to take the commission on surcharges in our extranet. The commission would be the same % as room price. You can find more details here: https://agodapropertypartnerhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001445708-How-do-I-manage-additional-fees-
14. How the Contract work?
- The contract signing from the property owner is mandatory in order to reach the fraud check step and eventual activation of the property
- If the contract is not signed, no fraud check or activation will be done
- For inidividual property, please use hotelContractsSign call. For vacation rentals property manager who have multiple Agoda Homes properties under the same email account, please use hostContractsSign call.
- We're going to have new version of Contract Singing in Q4 where both hotels and Agoda Homes owners can sign at email account level (not at individual property level). In the mean time, if CM does not want to implement existing version, property owner can sign the contract in Agoda extranet (YCS or Host Manage).
15. What is the meaning of each Fees' ChargeType?
PGPB = Per Guest Per Booking
PB = Per Booking
PGPN = Per Guest Per Night
PRPB = Per Room Per Booking
PN = Per Night
PAPB = Per Adult Per Booking
PCPB = Per Child Per Booking
PAPN = Per Adult Per Night
PCPN = Per Child Per Night
16. What is the meaning of each Fees' ApplyType?
M = Mandatory (Agoda Collect) where Agoda will collect the fee when the booking is made
E = External (Property Collect) where property owner will collect the fee upon arrival
17. What are the list of attributes that cannot be updated via API?
There are certain attributes that cannot be updated via content push API.
Some will get an error warning that the value of the attribute cannot be updated while some will just simply be ignored.
18. Why do I get error when trying to push a property with certain chain ID?
Certain chain ID must be added to your API key first in our backend set up to allow property to be created with that chain ID using your API Key.
19. Why do I get error 'Limit exceed for creation' when it was working perfectly before?
On our backend set up, each API key has certain property allowance. This error generates only when the allowance is met. Please contact Agoda support to increase the allowance for you.
20. What are the certification steps?
Onboarding API Certification consists of 2 stages: Self-Certification and Pilot.
Self-Certification: A script testing in survey format for partner to complete after finishing the development. Once the script testing has been validated by Agoda, we will inform partner to move to the next stage.
Self-Certification Link >>> Please click here.
Pilot: Partner starts pushing 2-3 real properties to onboard on Agoda. Once the properties have been auto-enabled by the system with no issue, we will inform partner that they are certified.
21. How can I create a test hotel and see end-to-end process?
End-to-end process is available in production environment only so we suggest you to push a test property to production in Test city. Below are coordinates and details of the Test city.
longitude = 43.331237
latitude = -11.636096
Country code = KM
City name = Test City
22. Why do I keep receiving 'hotel is already exist" error?
It is because the property is flagged as duplication with an existing property on Agoda. Below are the criteria for duplication logic.
Non-chain: Same property name / same location (check lat/long by first 3 decimals)
Chain: same external id within the same chain id
23. How long does it take for a property to live on Agoda?
Usually it takes 24-48 hours for a property to live on Agoda by the automated flow given that all required criteria are met.
Images > 3
Once these 3 criteria are met, the automation flow will submit the property to fraud check stage and when it passes fraud check, the property will be activated on Agoda.
24. Why images pushed are not processed?
Image URL must be whitelisted on Agoda first before images can be processed. Please also note that image URL must be accessible via internet browser.
In case image URL is already whitelisted, it could be server performance issue. Please contact Agoda Support to check on case-by-case basis.