As Channel Managers (CM), you may report that bookings were not sent/pushed to your PMS system and raise a ticket for more details on the issue. Upon analysis, we found that booking retrieval related inquiries is one of the top reported issue while in fact the booking has really retrieved successfully based on the log found from our end.
We would advise CM to do the following preliminary checks as this would help resolve the issues much faster and without having to wait for a response from our Technical Connectivity Support team.
Agoda offer 2 types of booking retrieval
1. Pull spec - GetBookingList and GetBookingDetails
2. Push spec - BookingHints
Steps to do pre-check
1. Check if there is any outage notification sent from Agoda impacting booking retrievals. If yes, we advise the CM partners to re-retrieve all the bookings made on the announced outage window.
2. If there isn't outage from us, then check the GetBookingLists/GetBookingdetails log to check if there is a request covers the booking timestamp. Steps based on the response of your request:
3. CM to check internal system log if there’s any intermittent issue
4. Kindly note that when you retrive the booking and got the response like "There was an internal server error: Get BookingDetails failure response from BAPI with booking ids: XXXXXXXXX errCode: InvalidRequestData errMsg: Booking contains negative memberId, Customers account either remove by GDPR or deactivate account".
This is due to GPDR laws. We (Agoda) provide our customers a way to contact Agoda and wipe out their PII related things (first name / last name , associated with credit card , associated with bookings , etc). So once customer asks for that , backend systems will just mark the member id as negative. Hence, we couldn't return any info as it will be violated GDPR laws. The solution for this case specifically is to manually pull it from the YCS Extranet.